Job Position Import and Export Manager Job is Expired
Arfasa General Trading PLC is one of the prominent coffee exporters in Ethiopia. It is also engaged in different business lines including import, export, and cargo freight transport operations. The company wishes to employ a qualified professional for the following position.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Head of Import and Export is responsible for foreign purchase, sales and service outlets of the company. He/she manages the import and export process of the company, ensuring that the commodities meet the standards of the destination country. He/she also ensures that all legal requirements are looked into.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, implements and controls import and export of the company.
- Directs the expedition of import and export correspondence, credit collections as well as bid requests.
- Oversees the products meet proper standards and specifications.
- Ensures that such shipping details as import and export licensing, product routing, shipping, packing as well as customs declarations are organized well.
- Maintains information about licenses and tariffs, as well as restrictions.
- Identifies and develops new initiatives to improve the range and quality of the products and services provided by the company and to ensure responsiveness to changes in the external environment;
- Develops and implements all necessary commercial policies and procedures to ensure the effective promotion and marketing of the company and to meet business objectives.
- Directs foreign sales and service outlets of the company: negotiates contracts with foreign sales and distribution centers to establish outlets.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with new and existing customers to negotiate contracts that contribute to corporate objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with staff of the division to keep them aware of the company’s delivery capabilities and to inform them of new business development.
- Promotes and represents the interests of the company at senior levels, including to governmental institutions, key customers, suppliers and commercial and trade organizations.
- Maintains records of products, code numbers, designs, pictures and specifications of all the items exported by the company.
- Works with the other departments to monitor the sales performance of competitors to ensure that the company maintains and develops its competitive position.
- Directs, leads, guides, supports and controls the staff responsible to him/her to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all export targets and carry-out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Identifies the training needs of the employees in the operation and recommends the type of training that has to be given.
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring and annual performance appraisals.
- Prepares and submits periodical reports on the activities of the operation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- B.A Degree and above in Marketing Management, Business Management, Natural Resource Management or/and related field of studies
- 10 Years relevant work experience out of which 5 years in import and export related business, direct coffee export experience is preferable.
Technical and Other Skills
- Advanced skill in computer, driving license, good command on English language, report writing and presentation skill is mandatory.
Method of Application
- Ability to provide leadership, communicates effectively, and promotes a team approach.
- Able to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form.
- Able to adjust to fast changing business conditions and is always result oriented.
- Knowledgeable about export administration regulations as well as the international traffic in arms regulations.
- Ability to identify major international clients to generate stable sales and prepare costing to offer prices to customers.
- Extensive knowledge of customs laws, rules and regulations.
- Proficient in computer application skills.
Qualified candidates should submit their applications at our address:
At our main office
Lideta Sub city,
Worda 1 H.NO. 174/2
or on-line:- at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
or HR Manager:- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
or Phone:- – 0118549087/0921407324
Note: – Arfasa General Trading PLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
15th September, 2020